Arriving in China and Transferring to Jingdezhen
We are looking forward to meeting you! Travelling in China can be very exciting and we recommend learning about the culture and language before arriving. We can suggest www.ctrip.com
for flight/accommodation information regarding your travel to Jingdezhen. Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, and Nanchang are international travel hub to Jingdezhen .
Arriving in Beijing/Shanghai/Shenzhen/Nanchang
In Beijing your flight to China will most likely arrive at Beijing Capital International Airport.
In Shanghai your flight to China will most likely arrive at Pu Dong Airport.
In Shenzhen your flight to China will arrive at Baoan International Airport.
In Nanchang your flight to China will arrive at Nan Chang Airport.
You may wait for a taxi in the designated taxi queue just outside the airport doors. Give the taxi driver the printed name of the destination you intended in English and Chinese.
In case you are in imminent danger, call 110 for police assistance.
Travelling to Jingdezhen from Shanghai/Beijing/Shenzhen/Nanchang
Beijing to Jingdezhen: Beijing Capital International Airport to Jingdezhen Luojia Airport
Shanghai to Jingdezhen: Pu Dong /Hong Qiao Airport to Jingdezhen Luojia Airport
Shenzhen to Jingdezhen: Baoan Airport to Jingdezhen Luojia Airport
NanChang to Jingdezhen: Nan Chang Airport to Jingdezhen Luojia Airport
Shanghai to Jingdezhen: Shanghai Hongqiao to Jingdezhen North Station
NanChang to Jingdezhen: Nanchang to Jingdezhen North Station
Please see below phrases in Chinese to show your taxi.
Please take me to
BeiJing Capital Airport Terminal 3
Capital Airport Hotel BeiJing
上海虹桥机场ShangHai HongQiao Airpor
上海浦东机场ShangHai PuDong Airport
南昌昌北机场Nan Chang Airport
陶溪川 Taoxichuan Ceramic Art Avenue
Jingdezhen is a cash economy . Traveller’s Checks can be exchanged, but is very inconvenient. Debit/Credit cards can also be used at local ATM branches for withdrawing money (most convenient and a 2500RMB limit per ATM withdrawal is common). You may exchange major currencies at the Bank of China, but the currency must be in excellent/mint condition and the exchange process can be slow. Check with your bank before leaving your country about withdraw limits, verify that your card can be used in China and notify your bank of your travel dates in China.
Preparing for your Residency Program in Jingdezhen
· Please tell us if you have special needs regarding health, studio, housing and food and we can let you know if Jingdezhen can accommodate your needs.
· If brewing your own coffee is a must, you should bring your own
· Adequate amount of prescription drugs. See your doctor for recommendations.
· Over-the-counter drugs for colds, allergies, diarrhoea, mosquito repellent, etc. are available at local pharmacies. Western name brands are not available. Please ask our staff if you will be needing access to specific drugs or health products.
· More and more websites are being blocked by the Great Fire Wall of China. Please check sites that you will need to use during your residency, especially your email communications. You may have to purchase a VPN and set it up before arriving in China.
· Unlocked mobile phone can be used by purchasing a local SIM in Jingdezhen.
· Presentation materials, as you may be asked to give a public lecture to our community.